The RSS Viewer Web Part
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the RSS Viewer web part when you want to show content from any site that has
an RSS feed – for example the kalmstrom.com Blog! – on a SharePoint
In the demo below, Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, shows how to add the RSS Viewer web part to a site page.
Add an RSS Viewer web part to a SharePoint page
- Open the site that you want to display in SharePoint.
- Click on the Atom subscription button and copy the URL to the page that
- Open the page were you want to add RSS content in edit mode.
- Place the cursor where you want to add the web part.
- Click on the Web Part button under the INSERT tab.
- Click on the Content Rollup category.
- Select the RSS Viewer part and click on the Add button.
- Open the tool pane.
- Paste the URL to the RSS page in the 'RSS Feed URL' field in the web
- Define settings for how often the RSS feed should be updated and how
many items should be shown on the page.
- (To avoid having the title RSS Viewer on the web part, expand the Appearance
accordion and set the Chrome Type to None.)
- Click on Apply and then save the page.