The RSS Viewer Web Part
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the RSS Viewer web part when you want to show content from
any site that has an RSS feed – for example the kalmstrom.com
Blog! – on a SharePoint page.
In the demo below, Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer
of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, shows how to add the
RSS Viewer web part to a site page.
Add an RSS Viewer web part to a SharePoint page
- Open the site that you want to display in SharePoint.
- Click on the Atom subscription button and copy the
URL to the page that opens.
- Open the page were you want to add RSS content in
- Place the cursor where you want to add the web part.
- Click on the Web Part button under the INSERT tab.
- Click on the Content Rollup category.
- Select the RSS Viewer part and click on the Add
- Open the tool pane.
- Paste the URL to the RSS page in the 'RSS Feed URL'
field in the web part pane.
- Define settings for how often the RSS feed should
be updated and how many items should be shown on the
- (To avoid having the title RSS Viewer on the web
part, expand the Appearance accordion and set the Chrome
Type to None.)
- Click on Apply and then save the page.