Use a Document Set Content Type
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous article
Peter Kalmstrom, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, showed how to create a new document
set. In the demo below he explains how to use it.
Connect a document library to a Document Set content
- Create a new document library.
- Under the ribbon LIBRARY tab, click on the Library
- Open the Advanced settings and allow management
of content types.
- (Peter also removes the possibility to create new
folders in the library.)
- Click on the new link 'Document Set settings' in
the Site Content Type page.
- Now the Library settings has a new group, Content
Types. Click on the link 'Add from existing site content
types' in that group.
- Add the Document Set content type.
- Remove the copy of the default Document content
type from the library by clicking on the Document link
in the Content Types group and then on the link 'Delete
this content type'.
You should also modify the view so that you see the site
columns you added to the content type. You might also want
to add Totals and do other view modifications. Then you
can start creating new items in the document library. Each
item will have the specified documents created automatically
and shown when you open the item.