Use a Document Set Content Type
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous article Peter Kalmstrom,
CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, showed how to
create a new document set. In the demo below he explains how to use it.
Connect a document library to a Document Set content type
- Create a new document library.
- Under the ribbon LIBRARY tab, click on the Library Settings button.
- Open the Advanced settings and allow management of content types.
- (Peter also removes the possibility to create new folders in the library.)
- Click on the new link 'Document Set settings' in the Site Content Type
- Now the Library settings has a new group, Content Types. Click on the
link 'Add from existing site content types' in that group.
- Add the Document Set content type.
- Remove the copy of the default Document content type from the library
by clicking on the Document link in the Content Types group and then on the
link 'Delete this content type'.
You should also modify the view so that you see the site columns you added
to the content type. You might also want to add Totals and do other view modifications.
Then you can start creating new items in the document library. Each item will
have the specified documents created automatically and shown when you open