Create a Site Collection
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
site collection is a kind of container that groups together
related SharePoint sites and security data for these sites.
These are the steps to create a new site collection in Office
- In the left corner of the Office 365 page, click
on the App Launcher icon and select the Admin button.
- the Office 365 admin center? will open.
- Open the Admin centers Accordion and click on SharePoint.
- The SharePoint admin center will open. Here you
can also see the already existing site collections.
- Click on the New? Button in the ribbon and select
Private Site Collection.
- A,new site collection? dialog will open.
- Fill out the entries and click on,OK.
- It might take 15 minutes and longer to create the
new site collection.