Flow that posts to Facebook
A SharePoint Flows tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous article you learned how to create a flow that
sends a range decision request for each new item that is
added to a Products list.
In this tutorial, Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems
Designer of kalmstrom.com Business Solutions, shows how
to expand the earlier flow to post a message to Facebook
when the SharePoint list has been updated with a range decision.
To create this flow we will use the Facebook service. To
do that we will need to add a connection between our Microsoft
Flow account and the Facebook account.
Peter utilizes the flow created in the previous article.
If you don’t know how to create a flow, please go back to
the previous article to learn
how to create a first Microsoft flow
Steps to create the Facebook flow:
- In the Products list, click on 'Flow' and select
'See your flows'.
- Click on the pencil icon of the flow 'Send decision
email to Antonio' to update this flow.
- Right after the Update step, Select 'New step' and
then 'Add an action' to select the action 'Facebook
– Post to my timeline'. This action will be responsible
for posting to the timeline of your Facebook profile.
- To build the Status message:
- write 'New product launched:'
- append the Microsoft parameter 'Title'
- write text 'In the'
- append the Microsoft parameter 'SelectedOption'
- write text 'range!'
- Rename the flow to 'Send decision email to Antonio
and post to FB' to be more descriptive.
- Click on 'Update flow'.
- Click on 'Done' to finalize the flow.
- To test the flow, add a new item in the Products
list and make sure an email is sent. Select a range
in the email and make sure that the Status message is
posted to Facebook