Create Discussion Forum in SharePoint 2013.
A discussion forum or discussion board is a virtual room where teachers and students can discuss various aspects of the subject and the courses.
These are the steps to create a Discussion forum/board with SharePoint 2013.
- Go to the site settings gear on the top right of the screen.
- Click on Site contents.
- Under Site Contents, click on “add an app”.
- Select the app Discussion Board and click on it.
- An Adding Discussion Board dialog will open. Write the name you want to assign that board.
- Click on Create.
- Under Site Contents you can see the Discussion Forum in the Quick Launch and in the Apps.
- Click on the Quick Launch link or the app icon.
- A Discussion Forum will open. Click on “new discussion”.
- A form will open. Write a subject and bodytext.
- Check the Question box, if you have a question that you want to discuss in the forum.
- Click on Save.
- The subject and body text will be displayed on the board.
- You can choose the Alert option if you want to receive a notification when any activity occur in the discussion forum.
- Right click on the ellipsis (…) and select the Alert me option.
(You can also reach the Alert me option via LIST tab.)
- New Alert window will open.
- Make the necessary settings.
- Click OK.