Create Discussion Forum in SharePoint 2010.
A discussion forum or discussion board is a virtual room
where teachers and students can discuss various aspects
of the subject and the courses.
These are the steps to create a discussion forum/board in
- Go to the Site Actions on the top left of the screen.
- Click on More Options….
- A Create widow will open.
- Under Filter By, select “Communication” in the left
- Click on Discussion Board and write the name you
want to assign that board.
- You have two options. You can directly click on
“Create” or go through “More Options”.
- Under More Options you can add a description and
select if you want to show the discussion board on the
- Click on Create.
- You can see the Discussion Forum in Quick Launch.
- Click on “Add new discussion”.
- A Discussion Forum – New Item window will open.
Write a subject and a body text.
- Click on Save.
- You can choose the Alert option if you want to receive
a notification when any activity occur in the discussion
- Click on the more options dropdown and select the
Alert Me option.
- A New Alert window will open.
- Make the necessary settings.
- Click OK