Workgroup If you find it easy depends on how familiar you are with SQL server tools. Follow these steps for migrating to an SQL database.
Migrating from Access to SQL: How do I migrate the TimeCard data from an Access to an SQL database?
- Close Outlook.
- Move or copy the TimeCard3.mdb database to a backup folder.
- If you just copied the .mdb file in the original direction, delete it in the original shared folder now when you have a backup copy.
- Open Outlook. Now the TimeCard Sharing Options dialog will be shown, and you can select a new SQL Server database. That will create a new empty database 'TimeCardSQL' under your SQL server.
- Close Outlook again.
- Now you can use any import tool (part of SQL server or 3rd party) to import data from the backup of the Access database. You can also do it by simply opening each table and Copy-Paste.
- Once everything is copied, start Outlook again and make sure the settings are ok.
- Open Outlook. The TimeCard Sharing Options dialog will be shown, and each user can select the new SQL Server database.