kalmstrom.com FAQ – Exchange Server
Problem Migration to new Exchange server: How do we migrate Folder HelpDesk from our old Exchange server to a new server?
Migration to new Exchange server: How do we migrate Folder HelpDesk from our old Exchange server to a new server? The steps vary a bit depending on database, but this should be of help anyway. This has to be done only once by the administrator.
- Make sure no one else is using Folder HelpDesk.
- Copy the whole Outlook folder to a .pst-file.
- If the file path should be changed too, copy the files in the network folder to the new place.
- Through an Outlook profile that is connected to the new server, copy in the Outlook folder from the .pst file to its place in the folder structure of the new Exchange server.
- Register the product. When a Folder HelpDesk folder is moved the registration ceases to be valid. (If this is a trial, the trial period will be over.)