Distributed team: I have seen that kalmstrom.com uses E-mail Converter.
How have you set it up?
The kalmstrom.com team is geographically distributed, and some of us travel
a lot. Therefore we have set up E-mail Converter so that we can always
reach the tickets and the e-mail. This is how we have set it up:
- E-mail Converter is installed on a server where Outlook is
running all the time.
- E-mails are converted to tickets automatically.
- We use Office 365 Outlook for our e-mail.
- E-mail Threading is enabled, so all e-mails concerning the same
case are added to the ticket.
- We use two Office 365 SharePoint lists with several different views:
- One list is for e-mails to the support
inbox. It is a custom list with plenty of room for comments. There
are also checkboxes for Remote session invitations and other info
that is important to us.
- The other list is for internal messages.
We use the support e-mail ID for these messages to, not a separate
e-mail ID. Instead we put a certain word in the subject, which makes
an Outlook rule send them to another folder than the inbox. This folder
is also monitored by E-mail Converter and connected to another
- We do not use any of the Workflow alerts that are possible with
SharePoint and that we describe in the
Tips section. The reason for this is that we are a small team with an
Skype-chat which replaces Responsible alerts. We most often answer
the support e-mail quickly, so we don't feel that we have to confirm