||Version 4.48 released
Fixed an empty message box pop up issue.
||Version 4.47 released
Fixed an authentication issue to SharePoint online
using Active Directory Federated Services.
||Version 4.45 released
Support for Outlook 2016.
Fixed an error in the e-mail threading feature reported
by a single user.
||Version 4.41 released
- Fixed empty message box pop issue.
- Fixed issue in adding live monitor folder
by mailbox name.
- Fixed registration issue reported by single
- Fixed cache mode issue with shared mailbox.
- File in use error.
- Fixed priority issue when used more than
or less than three priorities on SharePoint.
- Fixed missing priority, caller category
and phone number from the ticket in email to
||Version 4 released
- Support for the 64-bit version of
Outlook 2010 and 2013.
- Support for Windows 8, also in combination
with Outlook 2013
- Support for SharePoint 2013.
- Possibility to generate Excel reports
on ticket data. OLAP Reporting Tool isl
no longer integrated in HelpDesk OSP.
All the standard Excel features can be used
in the Excel reports, and you can also create
your own reports on the HelpDesk OSP
- Creation of a new ticket if e-mail threading
does not work because there is no earlier ticket.
For example, if a user sends an e-mail reply
to the “hardware” team for case number 
but the reply gets sent to the “software” team
by accident. As there is no ticket  in
the software SharePoint list, a new ticket will
be created. Earlier HelpDesk OSP did
not do anything with that e-mail, as the e-mail
thread was not possible.
- For the same global settings list only one
user needs to register HelpDesk OSP
- Improved performance.
- For the local SharePoint (using windows
authentication) HelpDesk OSP will not
ask for username and password, it will load
- New 2013 style logotype, icons and banners.
- Some users lost their settings when they
- In some cases threading was not working
- If .NET Framework 4.0 is not installed on
the PC the setup will give an alert at the time
of installation. Earlier that alert was not
shown until an executable file was run.
- Office 365 users got an Authentication error
due to an update of the login method from Microsoft's
- A few users were getting a "file in use"
error sometimes when multiple tickets were created
at the same time.
- A few users were getting a crashed
or stopped working message when they tried to
create a ticket manually or by live monitoring.
||Bug fix: a few users was getting a blank message
when they opened the settings or created a ticket
HelpDesk OSP can now take also very big attachment
files into the ticket.
E-mails were not automatically converted in some
cases when Outlook reacted slowly.
In the English version of HelpDesk OSP, if an e-mail
answer came from a non-English Outlook, the e-mail
threading did not work. Both these issues are now
HelpDesk OSP is now working also on sub sites of
Office 365 SharePoint.
Bux fixes for Outlook 2003 and 2007:
- The button Convert e-mail on default site
was not working, so users had to select list
even when using the default one.
- The button Create Blank ticket on default
site was not working properly. Instead of showing
the new Caller dialog it was showing the Global
Address list to pick caller, like in earlier
versions of HelpDesk OSP.
||Version 3 released.
New features and enhancements:
- New design.
- Full support of Office 356 SharePoint.
- New authentication type added: “Claims-based
- It is now possible to change in the Global
- Existing saved credentials for a SharePoint
site can now be deleted.
- Easier login. First HelpDesk OSP tries to
load the default network credentials for authentication.
If there is no success it asks for credentials.
- HelpDesk OSP will correct the path if a
user writes the list URL instead of the site
URL when selecting SharePoint site.
- Possibility to create a blank ticket without
using contact info from Contacts or GAL.
- HelpDesk OSP Statistics is now showing calculated
- Ticket ID is added in HelpDesk OSP Statistics,
so now ticket ID is also available for reporting.
- Improved error handling when login fails
- If a user configured many lists in HelpDesk
OSP and used the email threading feature, the
thread email was not always added into the list.
- HelpDesk OSP Statistics was giving an error
if there was (‘) in the column name
- For a few users the HelpDesk OSP live monitoring
flag in Outlook disappeared automatically.
- When live monitoring was disabled in the
from HelpDesk OSP Settings, an Outlook restart
was needed. Now HelpDesk OSP will stop monitoring
- Uncheck of the option “Add Attachments”
was not always working, but HelpDesk OSP continued
to add attachments to tickets.
- Phone number was not saved when creating
a ticket from an Outlook contact.
- The option "Remember password"
in the login window was not working if the dialog
came at time of ticket creation.
- The Merge tickets dialog was showing tickets
only from the first page of view. Now all tickets
- If no column was selected in the Merge tickets
dialog and the user clicked Show tickets, the
HelpDesk OSP Setting hanged and had to be killed
from the Task Manger.
||New feature: Added Proxy settings in the HelpDesk
OSP Settings, so now HelpDesk OSP will take the
IE proxy (default setting) and users can also set
Modification of the Global Settings, since it did
not always work the first time earlier.
||New feature: Merge SharePoint Tickets. HelpDesk
OSP sometime gave a runtime error of timeout due
to slow response from SharePoint. Now this is handled
and will give a user friendly message.
Earlier the HOSP.dll startup type was “load on demand”
which meant that the HelpDesk OSP toolbar sometimes
was not showing. Now it is change to “OnStart”
The automatic monitoring of a folder is also improved.
Earlier the HelpDesk OSP flag in the monitored folder
some time was deleted automatically, and it also
happened that HelpDesk OSP did not convert emails
to ticket if Outlook was not focused.
||HelpDesk OSP is now fully optimized for Office
2010 32-bit. The buttons can be found under the
Home tab, and we have made use of the possibility
to have two buttons in one. This means that Create
Ticket and Create Ticket In are one button, just
as Create New Ticket and Create New Ticket In.
To avoid problems with old versions that are not
adapted to new technologies, a warning screen recommending
you to upgrade will be shown when your installation
is one year old. The message will be shown for two
months, with a countdown, and after that HelpDesk
OSP will stop functioning. (Most customers upgrade
their installations more often than once a year,
so they will not even notice that this reminder
||Update due to change of digital signature
HelpDesk OSP now supports Forms Authentication.
||Two problems fixed:
Apostrophe can now be used in the column names.
Earlier a column called for example ”Caller's
name” gave an error.
In the HelpDesk OSP Configure dialog, if you entered
an incorrect URL (with wrong syntax or misspelled)
for a SharePoint list, you were still prompted to
enter login and password, which was not applicable
as the entered site URL did not exist. Now HelpDesk
OSP is modified such that if the entered URL path
of the SharePoint list is incorrect, the user will
be returned to the dialog box where he/she can enter
the correct path. And the dialog will have Cancel
button, of course.