Columns for Date and Status
A SharePoint Online tutorial by Peter Kalmström
is often good to modify a default view so that it gives more information about
the files in a document library, for example by adding columns with important
metadata, and by removing columns with uninteresting or repetetive information.
In the demo below Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, shows how to add columns for dates, status and number
in a quotes libray.
This is what Peter shows in the demo:
- The different options for a date column.
- How dates can be selected by users.
- How to create a Choice column.
- How a default value works in Quick Edit and Standard view.
- How to create a number column for currency.
- How to calculate the sum of the values in the number column.
- How to quickly add metadata in the Quick Edit view.