Flow that posts to Facebook
An Office 365 tutorial by Peter Kalmström
the previous article you learned how to create a flow that
sends a range decision request for each new item that is
added to a Products list.
In this tutorial in the Office 365 from Scratch series,
Peter Kalmström, CEO and Systems Designer of kalmstrom.com
Business Solutions, shows how to expand the earlier flow
to post a message to Facebook when the SharePoint list has
been updated with a range decision. To create this flow
we will use the Facebook service. To do that we will need
to add a connection between our Microsoft Flow account and
the Facebook account.
Peter utilizes the flow created in the previous article.
If you don’t know how to create a flow, please go back to
the previous article to learn
how to create a first Microsoft flow
Steps to create the Facebook flow:
- In the Products list, click on 'Flow' and select
'See your flows'.
- Click on the pencil icon of the flow 'Send decision
email to Antonio' to update this flow.
- Right after the Update step, Select 'New step' and
then 'Add an action' to select the action 'Facebook
– Post to my timeline'. This action will be responsible
for posting to the timeline of your Facebook profile.
- To build the Status message:
- write 'New product launched:'
- append the Microsoft parameter 'Title'
- write text 'In the'
- append the Microsoft parameter 'SelectedOption'
- write text 'range!'
- Rename the flow to 'Send decision email to Antonio
and post to FB' to be more descriptive.
- Click on 'Update flow'.
- Click on 'Done' to finalize the flow.
- To test the flow, add a new item in the Products
list and make sure an email is sent. Select a range
in the email and make sure that the Status message is
posted to Facebook