Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Calculate Sums D
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
In this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series, Peter Kalmstrom explains
how to use the AutoSum function in different ways.
Peter uses sales of hardware from stores in four cities for each quarter as
an example. He calculates the sum for each town and hardware and quater using
AutoSum and formulas, and calculates total budget of all cells by using formulas.
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics are the same for
earlier versions of Excel.
- How to use AutoSum to calculate the sum of the values in one row.
- How to apply a formula on a whole column.
- How to use the AutoSum function in different ways on cells.
- How to copy format from the Format Painter and apply on multiple cells.
- How to select different cells and calculate the sum of the values in