Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Formulas for Calculation
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
this demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series Peter Kalmstrom explains how
to solve an exercise that contains a combination of formulas used in earlier
We reccommend that you try the exercise before you watch the demo. Consider
this article a repetition or check-up, and go back and re-view earlier tips
in the series if you feel uncertain. Peter uses house costs as an example
in this exercise.
The formulas in the demo below has been used earlier in the Excel 2016 from
Scratch series, so please try the exercise yourself before you check the
solution in the demo. Welcome to
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo and give it a try!
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel basics are the same for
earlier versions of Excel.
- How to multiply the value of one cell with the value of another cell.
- How to divide the value of one cell with the value of another cell.
- How to create a formula that calculates sums with the AutoSum button
and cell range selection and by selecting each cell that should be included
in the sum.
- How to fill formulas with relative references into more cells.
- How to add a currency format to cells.
- How to hide all decimals.
- How to use Cell Styles to differentiate between cells with formulas and
- How to test formulas.