Excel 2016 from Scratch Exercise
Export to SharePoint
An Excel tutorial by Peter Kalmstrom
is the last article and demo in the Excel 2016 from Scratch series.
Here Peter Kalmstrom explains
how to export a table to a SharePoint list. He also shows how the
connected Excel chart gets updated when changes are made in the SharePoint
If you want to try the exercise yourself, please
download the Excel file Peter uses in the demo.
This is what Peter shows in the demo below:
Peter uses Excel 2016 for his demo, but the Excel visualization tools are
the same for earlier versions of Excel.
- How to format a range of cells as a table.
- How to summarize the table data in a pivot table.
- How to create a pivot table view.
- How to make Excel calculate values in percent of the total and show in the pivot table.
- How to insert a pie chart.
- How to move a chart to a new sheet.
- How to enlarge a component of a chart.
- How to export an Excel table to a SharePoint list.
- How to set make sure the list and table are refreshed with new data.
- How to display a list in the SharePoint Quick Launch.
- How to control that the connection between Excel and SharePoint works as it should.