Create Discussion Forum in SharePoint 2010.
A discussion forum or discussion board is a virtual room where teachers and students can discuss various aspects of the subject and the courses.
These are the steps to create a discussion forum/board in SharePoint 2010.
- Go to the Site Actions on the top left of the screen.
- Click on More Options….
- A Create widow will open.
- Under Filter By, select “Communication” in the left panel.
- Click on Discussion Board and write the name you want to assign that board.
- You have two options. You can directly click on “Create” or go through “More Options”.
- Under More Options you can add a description and select if you want to show the discussion board on the Quick Launch.
- Click on Create.
- You can see the Discussion Forum in Quick Launch.
- Click on “Add new discussion”.
- A Discussion Forum – New Item window will open. Write a subject and a body text.
- Click on Save.
- You can choose the Alert option if you want to receive a notification when any activity occur in the discussion forum.
- Click on the more options dropdown and select the Alert Me option.
- A New Alert window will open.
- Make the necessary settings.
- Click OK